Reasons You May Need Data Recovery
- An electrical problem such as
a printed circuit failure or mechanical failure such as a
head crash or servo problem.
- A software problem such as bad
partition tables, file allocation tables or crashed Netware
A virus has infected your
computer or someone has sabotaged your system.
Natural disaster such as
flood, fire, electrical storm, earthquake, typhoon
(hurricane) or tsunami (tidal wave).
Data recovery that has been
attempted by an unqualified company.
- What To Do
Following A Crash (and
what not to do!)
- Choose a "Data
Recovery" company very carefully. Sending your
drive to an inexperienced company can only cause more
damage. In fact, this is the most common cause of
- Do not remove the cover from
the hard drive. This will only cause further damage.
- Do not attempt to recover data
with commonly available software utility programs.
- Do not continue powering up a
drive you believe has been damaged. It can and will
only get worse.
- If you hear a clunk, clunk
sound when you power up the drive then the servo pattern has
been lost and the drive can't find track zero. Shut
the drive down and do not power up again. You may
break the TRK 00 Stop inside the drive.
- Never shake the hard disk
- Don't try dropping the drive
to get it "unstuck".
- Don't expose the drive to
- If a drive has been through a
great deal of force or is visibly damaged do not try to
power it up to see if you can see any data.
- Never power up a drive that
may have been exposed to water, fire, lighting or
smoke. The drive must be serviced or data recovered in
an air- and static-controlled Class 100 clean room by data
- Use the same type of
precautions for any type of media including floppies, tapes,
Zips or CD's when the data is valuable to you or your
- Improper handling and
packaging is the second major cause of permanent loss of
- Don't assume that data is
unrecoverable, no matter what it has been through.
- How To
Prepare For A Crash
- Turnaround time is typically 7
to 14 business days.
- No High/Low Pricing Schemes.
- No Tricks, No Gimmicks...
- Special Packaging, Shipping & Handling
Charges are extra.
- Recovered data is returned on
CD's, DVD's or another hard drive (additional
charges apply for replacement hard drives).
- Prices & Terms are subject to change
Copyright 1989 - 2013 A> Prompt
Computer Service, LLC
All Rights Reserved